Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lush Vanishing Cream Moisturizer Review


As part of an attempt to keep my skin looking healthy and glowing, I picked up some of Lush's Vanishing Moisturizer. I was really happy with the way my skin looked and felt and wanted to maintain it by creating a simple facial care routine. In combination with Lush's Vanishing Moisturizer, I was also using their tea tree water. Thus, keep in mind that both these products were being used simultaneously. However, this review focuses on the moisturizer and it's pros and cons

Pros

Light: I love how light this moisturizer feels. It's made with Shea butter as opposed to the thicker cocoa butter and while it offers the moisturizing benefits that I love cocoa butter for, it is indeed more airy in texture.

Moisturizing: Not many "for acne prone" creams actually moisturize. But true to it's word the vanishing moistuizer from lush does the job. It also left a nice glow on my skin.

Not greasy, but not water based: One thing that really stood out about this product was how it managed to be non greasy without feeling watery. Often times, if the product isn't greasy in thickness and texture it feels like water and does not moisturize. Surprisingly, this moisturizer is nicely balanced giving me a nice gentle feeling without the watery let down.

A little goes a long way. A dab is all you need. I never needed more than a couple dabs on my face after cleansing for my face to feel moisturized.


Cons

Expensive: This product sells for 39.95 canadian for the 45g jar. This is not a budget friendly moisturizer. I was actually shocked when I looked at the price at the bottom. $40! If this was my dream moisturizer, I wouldn't be able to afford it regularly. Even if you don't need much, it won't keep forever. 

Gave me spots: Now keep in mind that I was using the tea tree water as well, but my face was spotless before use. Yes it did take away my acne, but not before giving me breakouts. I was not impressed.

The smell: This is not a pleasant smelling product in my opinion. It's not that it smells awful, but it has a definite herbal scent that at first can be off putting. The upside however is that it doesn't last long or stay on the skin.

Overall, I feel the Vanishing Moisturizer from Lush is about a 3/5. It's too pricy and it didn't do wonders for my skin. The only benefit I found was in it's ability to moisturize without leaving me feeling too greased up.

No comments:

Post a Comment