Friday, January 20, 2012

Enjoy Weekends: Make it an occassion


make it an occasion




This set reminds of a 40s/50s outfit. Simple and stylish, the way the girls in those days dressed. The way they looked made me think they always had somewhere very important and special to go, as if every day was a big occassion worth dressing up for.

I notice modern girls almost have to make an occassion in order to get all dressed up. They buy pretty clothes that don't make enough use of. I see my friend's wardrobe with tons of lovely pieces and ask "why don't you ever wear this?" She shrugs and replies "I have nowhere to wear it to."

I'm not sure why we decided to wait for someone to give us permission to wear our nice clothes, but I think it's a good idea to take a page from the 50s girl's book and dress as if your life is one big amazing occassion.

Have a great weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment