Monday, August 15, 2011

Interview with esty shop liloshop

A while ago, I came across an etsy shop that captured my heart--liloshop. Owned and operated by Anna, this online vintage shop has a number of quaint pieces that would fit right in to my wardrobe. Focused on accessories, this shop carries lovely items that are simple and handmade. I got the pleasure of interviewing the shop owner, Anna, and found the not only is the shop lovely but the owner is as well.

Tell me a bit about yourself:
My name is Anna and I live, study and work in Vienna, Austria.

Apart from creating what else do you do?

I´m studying theatre, film & media sciences and I'm writing these days my master thesis about fashion videos “the shift from still to moving image. I’m also part of the organizing team of the Vienna fashioncamp (fashioncampvienna.blogspot.com/) which will take place on the 10th of September and is a one-day conference about the future of fashion, the change of communication, market and trend spreading.

What are your most cherished handmade items?

That´s a tough question! self-made or shopped? There are so many, but i think my vamoose sailor knot bracelett (hpunktanna.com/2010/05/26/sailor-knot/) and my grey knitted hat (hpunktanna.com/2009/10/14/shop-update/).

Where do you get your inspirations?
I love film noir movies and vintage photographies, through blogging i met so many talented people, they are also very inspiring to me!

What is your favorite summer look?
There is no special summer look I prefer, I love stripes, but not only in the summertime, but actually I got really addicted to the colour mint. Since the last 4-5 years mint is my must-have. I am also posting a mint thing of the day (hpunktanna.com/tag/mint-thing-of-the-day/) feature since June.

Where are your 3 of your favorite places to shop?
etsy, Austrian pop up stores and flea markets, I don´t like these big online shops.


What can you be found doing on a Saturday afternoon?

Thrifting or blogging ;)


How did you find out about etsy and what made you decide selling there?

The first time I heard about etsy, was probably on one of the diy blogs I read two years ago (saidos da concha saidosdaconcha.blogspot.com/). etsy is very user friendly and I really like the design of the surface and the network behind the shop.


How have your products changed since you started creating?

At the beginning I sold only handmade products, but in the last months I also started selling vintage clothes. I love thrift stores!


What are your future plans with liloshop?
I think I will concentrate on accessories and I hope I will have more time for my handmade projects.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment